Full time Permanent – Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary negotiable depending on experience with additional unlimited earnings through a team commission scheme.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, specialist consultations and more.
International Freight Solutions are currently looking for a new team member in the role of ‘Freight Forwarding Operator’ to help support and develop this growing company.
This role is office based (Sheffield) and the candidate should have previous experience of working in a Freight Forwarding office with a general all-round knowledge of all modes of shipping including Road, Air and Ocean. Having a good commercial awareness and sales experience would also be beneficial.
The successful applicant will take direct ownership of customer relationships and ensure all business is implemented successfully with excellent communication being paramount. You will be involved in commercial activities such as quoting and following up with clients to secure new and existing business. Also key is liaising with existing carriers/suppliers and sourcing new partners as required to help provide solutions. Delivering an excellent standard of customer service is extremely important to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of Import & Export procedures including basic Customs knowledge.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good organization skills and effective time management
- Commercial awareness
- Recognising new sales opportunities
- Attention to detail
- IT Literate in Microsoft Office
- Problem solving
- Organise operational workflow to meet customer timeframes.
- Communicate effectively with the customer to obtain relevant information and ensure their needs are met.
- Resolve customer issues and escalate where support is needed.
- Liaise and negotiate with sub-contractors to arrange carriage of goods to various worldwide destinations.
- Raise payable invoices to customers through inhouse systems whilst monitoring financial Profit levels on own shipments.
- Complete all administration functions in accordance with company policy and procedures.
To express an interest in this position, please email your CV with a covering letter or call 01709 610000.